Monday 22 August 2016

CAN A YEAR GET ANY WORSE THAN THIS?

THIS IS NOT A RANT ALTHOUGH IT MIGHT APPEAR TO BE!

I've had a shite year!  Thought I'd state that bluntly.  You know why?  Because it's true!  This year has been shite and I think it's about time it got better.

It started off so well.  I was feeling postive.  But after a couple of weeks the year turned into a complete landslide.  I've written about a lot of it in detail already and I won't bore you with it all again, but I want to put it down in some form of chronological order for myself; for my posterity.

JANUARY:  DLA letter saying my son is going over to PIP. So phoned to begin the process.
FEBRUARY:  Got Kent Autistic Trust to help fill in PIP claim and sent it off.
MARCH:  Still waiting!
APRIL: PIP ATOS assessment.  Think it goes ok.
MAY:  PIP refused, meaning we lose £300+ per month and my carers allowance. Chase doctors and hospital for any extra letters we could use in addition to what we have already sent to help support claim. Blood pressure goes through the roof.  Chest pains.  Betablockers and CBT for me! I'm doing it all on my own as partner is also ASD and he can't cope with official stuff.
JUNE: Visit KAT and get letter done to ask DWP to have another look at claim and send it off with all the extra additional information I have found. One of my best mates loses her battle with Cancer leaving behind her husband and young son. Unable to get ECG done as nothing nearby although did tell doc he can refer me to hospital.  He doesn't!
JULY:  Apply for ESA for my son, practically same form as PIP.  Not holding out much hope. Develop dry mouth with cold sore like symptoms, constantly tired and thirsty.  Doc sends me for diabeties test. PIP second refusal.  Send off forms to go to tribunal. Spend more time on the phone.
AUGUST: Get ESA!!!!!  But, then find out we lose Child Benefit because of it. First ever long term boyfriend suddenly dies, leaving wife and 2 sons. I'd only recently been 'talking' to him on FB!!  Get stupid ringing and buzzing in head and ears feel blocked.  Can't get docs appointment, but manage to see nurse who decides to test me for everything.  Ears are clear so probably labrinthitis! Partner decides to walk out from his job!!!! FFS!  But then returns a week and a half later after putting me through more financial fecking stress!

And I'm still waiting on a court date for the PIP tribunal.

I've lost all mojo to do anything apart from starting my novel; probably because I need to escape from the 'real' world.

Now I know I'm not the only one who is having a shite year.  A few of my friends have been having the same problems with PIP and there have been a lot of family/friends falling seriously ill or dying.

My question is what the hell is going on?  We have had a hell of a lot of celebs dying.  We've had all the fall out and fighting over Brexit and Hunting has raised it's ugly head again along with the ongoing fight with regard to fracking.  The world, it appears, has gone insane; Donald Trump anyone?

On a positive note my blood pressure is now fine (if but a little low which, apparently, is normal for me) and I've weaned myself off the Betablockers.  The buzzing/ringing has stopped and I should get blood test results this week.

Can I go and bury myself now?  Let me know when it's all over.

Cya


No comments:

Post a Comment