Friday 8 July 2011

MUST BE THE WEATHER!




Hi all,

Feeling really bleurgh today. Not entirely sure why, hence me blaming the weather. It can't seem to make up its mind if it will rain or be sunny. One minute its dark, grey clouds and pouring it down and the next there is blue sky with fluffy white clouds and sunshine (quite warm sunshine too). The only constant is the wind and boy is it windy!!

Anyway, can't snap out of it. Even a walk up the High Street didn't do much good. Must admit Gillingham High Street isn't exactly life changing, but thought the fresh air and the sunshine (it was sunny at that point) might make me feel a bit better, but no, not really.

We've been busy this week trying to catch up on work ready for Callum's open day (see Callum's World) and I haven't been feeling 100% all week anyway. Have had sore throat, felt sick, yadda, yadda, yadda, so haven't really been in the mood. Well, I have, but intimitant - bit like the weather! Plus it was our last week with James for trampolining, will miss him, but hope he has a great time.

One of my friend's dog isn't well either and that has made me sad as he's a lovely old thing, really hope he gets better soon. Plus it has made me think of Draco, our dog, who is getting on a bit. He's becoming increasingly stiff and grumpy and lumps and bumps keep appearing. He currently has sticky eyes as well, although there is no redness and he isn't irritated by them; just means ensuring they are cleaned regularly. Have no idea how Callum (or any of us for that matter) will react when the day comes.

To add to the moans and groans, I'm skint! Really skint! Went overdrawn last month for the first time in five years and this month looks pretty tight too. We're trying desparately to remember to switch off all electric at night, etc, etc, but won't see any outcome of this until at least January next year which is quite disheartening, but needs to be done. On top of that we've now had a letter through saying that they will be fitting water meters in our road very soon. Aaaargh, more cost! Hoping that as Callum receives DLA and I get Carer's we can have it capped for a couple of years. That way at least my gas and electric should be reduced so I won't end up paying out too much more. But then, DLA and Carer's is all being reviewed by the government at the moment and, although I've been assured that Callum's DLA will continue until 2015, there is no guarentee that they won't change the rate. If he drops in rate, I'll lose Carer's which is quite a bit of money, which I need at the moment.

What is happening to money. When I first started receiving Carer's I could use it for things for me; haircuts, a little treat or saving, but now I have to add it to Phil's money to pay for the monthly bills. Callum's DLA, luckily, still pays for his home education and extras that he needs, but we are doing less trips and less treats and definitely don't have anything left at the end of the month to put into his savings account. If they cut it or stop it I have no idea what we'll do as I can't send him back to school, I don't want that for him or for us as I know we will be back to all the problems we had then and he was so unhappy.

Anyway, sorry for being on such a downer, but feel a bit better for writing it down. Let's hope things pick up over the weekend. To prove how bad it was, I didn't even fancy chocolate!! xx

Cya

1 comment:

  1. If it's any consolation, we found that our water bills went down once we were metered. I was paying around £450 a year on rated supply, against (currently) £315 on metered. We didn't do anything differently, continued to use water at the same level and didn't take any silly measures to cut down usage (unlike my neighbour, who decided to follow the dictum "If it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down"!).

    ReplyDelete