Monday 4 March 2013

HOW DO PEOPLE DO IT?

Hi all, after a very off/on, off/on weekend with the poorly bug and other half being at home for past 4 days, today was 'back to normal'.  Well, it was supposed to be, but it didn't quite turn out that way.

Woke up and enjoyed the lovely peace and quiet of no Radio 5 Live blaring from the kitchen and no teenager up yet, so a couple of very leisurely, very calm cups of tea were taken before I decided to start the day.

Then the computer awaited me.  The dreaded finance time; check bank account against spreadsheet, pay bills, move money around from one account to another and then see how much was left for the month.  EEEEEK!!!  Skint, again and I've only just started.  I've got the grand sum of £29 to last me the month, yep the whole month!  Admittedly I shouldn't have any shopping to buy, but I'm going to Brighton tomorrow and I wanted to stock up on some unusual bits from Infinity Foods (different pastas, flours and the like).  I have also paid for osteopath, all the household bills, Callum's trampolining lessons and set aside some money for holiday, but really, £29!!!  I say again, EEEEEEEK!

So what else today.  Well, after having realised the cash flow problem, I thought I'd better get out in the kitchen and get some food cooked for tomorrow's jaunt as buying bits is out of the question apart from aforementioned Infinity Food shop.  So gluten free rolls made, butter bean and red pepper 'burgers' also made, broccoli hot dip made but not cooked ready for return tomorrow night which I can have with some tortillas and/or veggie crudites and I made a version of an apple sauce cake using the orchard fruit butter that I made ages ago and was beginning to look a bit, how shall we say, in need of using up quickly.  I did a bit of  bottom of fridge foraging and found I have enough veggies to add to the bean sprouts that I have to make a prawn stir fry tonight, so not a bad afternoon's cooking, but, boy, did my hip hurt after doing all that standing.

Then, on looking around, I thought I'd better hoover through and change the mats and dog beds as they were looking a bit grim.

So, by that time it was rather late and so no home ed was done.  Callum didn't mind as he was happily playing on his new XBox game.  Not exactly brilliant though is it?

Anyway, my reason for the title?  I have a reasonable large kitchen, but during my furious cookathon my kitchen ended up looking like this:


And that was only one side of it.  The other side was full of washing up!!  I seriously don't know how people do it in a small kitchen.

Cya

1 comment:

  1. We've just come back from 3 months in an apartment with a 2-ring electric hob (no oven) and a microwave. We've been very creative and managed to find enough one-pot and two-pot meals to keep a bit of variety and balance in our diet.

    ReplyDelete