Monday 14 April 2014

MONDAY MORNING - CONVERSATION WITH MYSELF

It’s Monday!  Woke with the normal sense of dread although I have no real reason to dread anything as this week isn’t too bad.  However, conversation in my head went as follows:

Spoilt Brat Voice, ‘I don’t want this week!’

Sensible Voice, ‘Why? It’s a good week and we have Russell Howard on Wednesday.’

SBV, ‘Yes, but we have to sort out train times and it’ll be a late night and what if there is a bus replacement again?’

SV, ‘Well, we won’t know that until we look it up will we? We’ll do that later after we’ve had dinner and there’s nothing to do until everyone has gone to bed.’

SBV, ‘Ok, but then we’ve also got to do our emails and price up cakes and check the price of Kenwood Chef and try and get those tickets for Vikings again and don’t forget we need to email about the computer and….’

SV, ‘Woah! I’m feeling dizzy now.  I’ve put it all down on a list and it doesn’t have to all be done today.  We’ll have to pace ourselves and do a bit each day, stop panicking.’

SBV, ‘I don’t want this week!’

SV, ‘Why now?’

SBV, ‘We’ve got two lots of trampolining! And we mustn’t forget to pay on Tuesday for last Thursday and don’t forget to take the money on Thursday either.’

SV, ‘I know.’

SBV, ‘Can’t we just sit here all day and do nothing?’

SV, ‘No!  We did that yesterday.  We’ve got to sort out the washing from last week, do some more, water the pots out the front, do the computer stuff later and we really should get C up soon and get on with that DNA experiment.’

SBV stamps feet, ‘Don’t want to! I don’t want to do any of that, it’s boring!’

SV, ‘Tough!  Life is often boring and everyone has to do things that they don’t want to do, so get used to it!’

SBV, ‘Shan’t!  Hate it! I don’t want to do the boring stuff. I want to do something exciting.’

SV, ‘Like what?’

SBV, ‘Don’t know.’

SV, ‘Well, there is Russell Howard on Wednesday.’

SBV, ‘Yes, but we have to sort out train times and what if there is rail replacement and what if C doesn’t like it and won’t go in, or doesn’t like being up high.  What if the seats are rubbish……’


And so it goes on! We end up full circle. It drives me mad! All I want to do is wake up one morning and actually feel like I want to do something rather than feel like everything is an effort or a problem.  But, hey ho, life is never going to be like that and I’d get pretty bored if it was, so either way, I can’t win!


Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment