Monday 11 August 2014

A BIT OF SORTING AND A BIT OF FORAGING

Well, this week has started well even though I woke up shattered.  Decided we weren't going out for the afternoon so I sorted out some tech stuff that I've been putting off.

Firstly, I managed to arrange my friendly computer man to come and sort out C's problem with his new graphics card this Thursday and then made a call to Virgin to find out why my mobile bill was nearly 4 times higher than normal. Was informed that my contract had ended (news to me) and that my tariff had gone up.  Hmmm, says I, I don't think so.  Anyway to cut a long story short I got my money refunded and was put onto a rolling contract that is going to cost me less than I'm paying already.

As I felt I was doing well, I then asked to be put through to the broadband section.  We've been needing to upgrade our broadband for some time now, but I haven't been in the mood to sort it and I haven't been impressed by some of the offers made to me when they have cold called me (never a good idea, so will you stop doing it).  Anyway after a rather hilarious and long chat with the computer guy he says he couldn't do anything fab for me so he put me through to their loyalty section (didn't know they had one).  Again, after another long and very hilarious chat with the lovely lady on the phone I now have tripled my speed, got a lovely new router for free, kept my TV and phone package the same including my extra box and I'm paying less than I am now.

Personally, I think I've done pretty well. Hehe.

Tonight we've been out with the dog, I've collected mallow leaves, young nettle, a few damsons, elderberries and lots of blackberries and made a conserve from the collected fruit with added cherry plums that were in freezer from a previous forage.  The mallow and nettle will be fried later for nature's crisps :-)

Good day me thinks
Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment