Thursday 14 August 2014

OUT FOR A CHANGE AND CHANGE IN TECH STUFF.

After a quiet week last week, this one has been a bit manic! Well, manic in comparison at least.

Monday was quiet as both of us felt completely knackered and I have to admit it was nice just to potter about and sort stuff out that had been on my list for a while.

Tuesday we had a lovely afternoon out with friends to the Historic Dockyard. Was in a very silly mood and laughed a lot. Thank you Dawn.  Had a go at getting in and out of a hammock; so glad it was only a couple of inches off the ground as I made a right mess of it and I think I may have created a new knot as I followed instructions and mine came out completely different to theirs.  Oh well. And I managed to walk, and stand, over the glass 'roof' in one of the boats and look down to the water below.  Eeek!

Up early yesterday to meet up with daughter and granddaughter for toddler sensory, then back with said d and gd for the afternoon. Totally shattered after toddler sensory, so was glad to just sit and mong out really in afternoon and cancelled cinema night as I knew I wouldn't be awake enough to pay attention. Plus after morning session, I had a headache. Forgot how noisy a bunch of toddlers can be.

Today, lovely computer guy came to find out if there was anything we could do with regard to the graphics card and we've ended up deciding that it might be worth Callum building his own computer!!  LCG has offered to help out and give guidance to C, so I think that is the route we'll be taking.  Hoping this might lead to a bit of an apprenticeship deal.  Payment?  In cake of course! Anything lemony.

So not a bad week so far with regard to mood and activity. I'm having to battle the guilt complex thing occasionally when I feel I've let people down, but I know that I mustnt get back into that as I'll end up feeling shite again.  So, learning to say no! Boy, it's hard though.  And why do kids always want everything now, and then when you are finally ready and able to give them what they want, they decide they didn't want it as urgently as they first thought?  After you've rushed around like a loony so that you can get it done!  Grrr!

Oh and our new superdooper hub turned up.  It's connected to the Xbox and my laptop, but for some unknown reason the computer has decided it doesn't like it.  C set it all up and connected everything, but computer is shaking it's head and saying that it likes the old one better and doesn't want to be connected to a new fangled dangled thing.  Hey ho.  Walk away Callum and deal with it later.  At least I can get online and he can use Xbox. Computer can stay sulking for a while. Maybe it was upset about us saying we were going to discard it and build our own this morning.  It's all too much for the dear old thing :-)

Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment